The common misconception
It is a common misconception that LinkedIn is just a repository of an individual’s CV or resume. Often people would sign-up, fill in their professional work history, and just leave it all behind.
If you are still doing this, we are going, to be honest, you are making one big mistake.
If you didn’t know this already, (or you probably do) LinkedIn is a powerful platform to use to enhance your company’s awareness. However, LinkedIn can be used not only to develop a comprehensive network but also for sales purposes.
Many people fail to take full advantage of LinkedIn’s unique position and niche as a platform catering to professionals and businesses (big or small).
Having a LinkedIn profile is probably one of the most important business development tools you can have. It can showcase your experience and expertise, connect with potential clients, and grow your network.
If you want to attract more leads for your business, there are a few reasons why it’s worth investing time into building out an effective LinkedIn profile.
In our previous blogs, we’ve highlighted plenty of statistics, supporting why LinkedIn is THE B2B platform. And in this blog, we’ll be putting a bit more context on those numbers, emphasising why you should use LinkedIn for lead generation purposes.
The platform is solely focused on B2B.
LinkedIn may have positioned itself to be solely business-focused. But, if you are starting out or wish to enter a new online community, creating a LinkedIn account is a smart business move, especially for B2B brands. The platform has made them unique. After all, what is 2.89 billion users on Facebook to its 800 million users on LinkedIn, right?
Standing out amongst the other social media platforms out there. They have a strong target audience in mind, therefore they are going to put all their efforts there, to ensure that each online user can connect with other professionals and business owners to find each other in the online forum.
LinkedIn allows you to target your leads. This is great because it allows you to segment your leads based on specific criteria, such as industry and job title.
Let’s say that you want to target people who work in the medical field, but only people who work at hospitals and not doctors’ offices or salons. LinkedIn allows you to do this by allowing you to specify the exact keywords used in their job descriptions when they post them on LinkedIn profiles.
If they use the word “marketing agency,” then their profile would show up under our search results for those keywords; if they don’t use this word, then our search results won’t include their profiles in them.
LinkedIn is the largest professional network in the world, with more than 800 million users. It’s also a great way to connect with people and build your audience. Here are some of the ways that you can use LinkedIn for lead generation:
- Build your brand with targeted ads. With LinkedIn Ads, you can reach specific audiences based on their job title, location and industry. The amount of data available about LinkedIn users make it easy to narrow down who you want to reach—and also makes it easier for them to see what kind of business you’re running or services you provide as well!
- Find new leads by encouraging referrals from current customers (or partners). Many companies offer incentives like discounts or other rewards to customers who refer new business opportunities—and those same incentives could be offered through LinkedIn so that even more leads might come through this channel! If there aren’t any current programs using this strategy yet then why not get ahead by offering something different?
Lower Cost Per Lead
It is possible to generate leads on LinkedIn even if you have a small marketing budget for the quarter. But, whether it be organic or paid tactics, the platform has a lower cost per lead. Lower than Google Ads, but 28%.
Below are three amazing LinkedIn ads statistics to think over:
- A text ad can reach an audience from 60k to 400k.
- An ad is estimated to reach 13% of the global population.
- There’s a 33% increase in a user’s purchase intent because of a LinkedIn ad.
Many consider LinkedIn as an influential channel when making a purchase decision. The likelihood of a purchase coming from a LinkedIn page to your website is high at 2.74%.
When looking at LinkedIn from a lead generation perspective, it’s important to consider the platform’s reputation-building capabilities. The ability to build up your personal brand and company brand are two ways that LinkedIn can help you land more sales.
- Personal Brand Building: Using LinkedIn as a professional networking tool is one of the best ways to build your own personal brand. It allows you to connect with other professionals in your field and keep them updated on what you’re doing professionally. By sharing relevant updates through status updates or blog posts, you’ll be able to show prospective clients what kind of work ethic and skill set they can expect from working with you.
- Company Brand Building: While this might not sound like something worth focusing on when considering lead generation tactics, many companies choose not to focus on their corporate image because they don’t see how it will benefit them long-term (or short-term). However, if used correctly, having an impressive company profile page will help attract new hires who want to join a successful organization—which is great news for any business looking for new talent!
Content Marketing Institute (2021) discovered that 66% of B2B marketers find LinkedIn yields the best results for their organizations.
According to LinkedIn, they currently have over 700 million users. Among these are:
- 65 million decision-makers,
- 61 million senior-level influencers,
- 17 million opinion leaders, and
- 10 million C-level executives.
Networking is an essential tool for business growth. It helps you find new clients and customers, but it also enables you to identify new employees, vendors, and joint venture partners. You’ll be able to build your reputation by leveraging your connections in the industry. In addition, networking can help you get access to opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable.
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for generating leads for your business.
If you’re a B2B marketer, LinkedIn is one of the most powerful tools you can use to generate leads. It allows you to connect with like-minded people and potential clients alike.
According to LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions blog, “LinkedIn is an effective method of generating leads for your business.” This may seem obvious to some, but if you’re not sure about how or why LinkedIn can help with lead generation, it’s worth exploring.
You can use LinkedIn to connect with other marketers who have similar interests and goals. But if your goal is that of lead generation, you should be focusing on connecting with potential clients instead of other marketers in the same field as yourself (unless they are in an unrelated industry).
It allows you to consume relevant content, reach out to prospects and build relationships with influencers. It’s also an ideal platform for creating content that will be welcome on the platform itself, which is beneficial since LinkedIn skews heavily toward B2B audiences who are in the market for products or services.
According to LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions blog, “LinkedIn is one of the most effective ways you can market your brand online.” With over 500 million users worldwide and growing every day, it makes sense that businesses have flocked to this social media titan as a way to expand their reach and connect directly with potential customers.
LinkedIn allows you to consume relevant content.
LinkedIn allows you to consume relevant content. You can consume content on Linkedin in the form of articles, posts, videos and more. You can also publish your own content on LinkedIn. This will help you share valuable information with your followers which they can then use to better their lives or do business with you.
Consuming relevant content and engaging with other users on the network—which is especially valuable when it comes to lead generation. Through the platform, you can get insights into what types of businesses are in your industry and which ones have similar needs as yours—allowing you to tailor your marketing strategy accordingly (e.g., promote your product through targeted ads). It also lets users access resources like white papers that provide valuable information on topics like “How To Get More Leads From LinkedIn Ads.”
In addition to being an excellent resource for content creation and engagement opportunities; one of the best things about using this type of social media platform for lead-generation purposes is its ability.
If you’re looking to grow your business and generate leads, then LinkedIn is a great place to start. The best part about using this platform for lead generation is that it allows you to find targeted audiences and reach them with relevant content. Plus, there are tons of tools available that can help make your job easier—including LinkedIn Ads!
So if you haven’t been using LinkedIn for marketing purposes yet but are ready to dive in now, don’t hesitate. There are plenty of tools to utilise on LinkedIn to allow your business to grow. But, if you don’t know where to start maybe we can help. Contact us today, if you require any further information on lead generation and how StraightIn can help your business thrive on LinkedIn.